Re: [orca-list] espeak weirdness with new intrepid alpha

OK, here's to add to the weirdness. I found out from a sighted person that when I turn on my computer, a message about low graphics mode was coming up. I then installed the latest nvidia drivers (nvidia-glx-177), and although the number problem is solved, espeak (as long as I'm using gnome-speech) is the only application giving any audio. If I type pavucontrol to get into the pulseaudio volume control, I get a connection refused message. To sum it up, the numeric problem with espeak seemed to be caused by the low video, but installing the nvidia-glx driver broke something with pulseaudio. Any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Guy