[orca-list] espeak weirdness with new intrepid alpha

Hi all, I installed Ubuntu intrepid alpha 3 today, and although it's working quite well, I'm experiencing some weirdness with espeak and the gnome-speech driver. Whenever I type a number, or experience a number on a web page or anywhere else, the number is spoken in a weird language. I can't even tell you what language it is. I know the number '4' souns something like "decera". Any advice or suggestions for getting back to english numbers?

Thanks much in advance,

Guy