Re: [orca-list] Orca gets stuck in some top pannel applets

To add another observation to this problem:

If the user has focus on the volume control applet and then presses tab to move to another applet, focus is given to this new applet but no speech is presented to the user to indicate this. If the user presses the applications key to bring up a context menu related to the applet they will discover that they are given options related to the new applet. Pressing the escape key announces the name of the new applet.

Producing this problem:
1. Press alt+control+tab until you hear "top panel". Press tab until you hear you are in the volume control applet. Pressing tab after this point produces no speech. Press the applications key and a context menu is presented for the current applet the user is on. Pressing the escape key will announce the name of the new applet.
I should add that I am using revision 4036 from svn.

Doug

Doug Lawlor wrote:
Hello list:
I don't know if this has been filed as a bug, but I notice if you have
focus to something like the gnome volume controle applet and the user
enters it using the tab key to move from applet to applet, the user is
unable to exit this applet using the tab key. Exiting the top pannel
using ctrl+alt+tab and reentering it again using the same key
combination still puts you back in the volume control applet with the
same result.
Question: what do other users do in this situation?
I am using orca-2.23.5pre from svn.

Thanks,

Doug