Re: [orca-list] Orca sometimes freezes without any reason

Jason White <jason jasonjgw net> writes:

On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 11:24:39AM +0200, Hermann wrote:
While working with Orca, it suddenly freezes, so that I've to move focus
- for example by pressing Alt+Tab or bring it to the desktop - in order
to get it back to work.
Because this isn't reproducable, there's no chance for that famous
debug.out.

Why not? Can't you start an Orca session with debugging enabled, and wait
until this problem occurs, then end the Orca session and check the debug file?

Where to search? I think I should send it to the team, but what about a
several MB log file? Don't want to waste other peoples time.
The background of my question was to figure out, whether I'm the only
one that experiences this. If so, then perhaps other people know more
precisely what to do. If not, then perhaps someone has some tips for me
what to do next. Creating 10 MB of log file and throw it on other
peoples server: "Hey guys, look at this, but what you should look for,
I've no idea..." That's not what I dare.

Is there anything in particular that you are doing every time this problem
happens?

No.

There are other steps you could take, for example by attaching gdb to the Orca
process and obtaining a backtrace, but this may not be necessary.

How to do this?

Have you checked Bugzilla in case this has been reported already?

Not now.
Hermann