[orca-list] Orca sometimes freezes without any reason

Hi,
While working with Orca, it suddenly freezes, so that I've to move focus
- for example by pressing Alt+Tab or bring it to the desktop - in order
to get it back to work.
Because this isn't reproducable, there's no chance for that famous
debug.out.
Furthermore I've to observe, that i cannot always reach the main menu by
pressing Alt+F1: Orca either gets stuck in the menu bar, or tells
something about "change of user", and brailles "emb". I've to press
escape and retry it, or - in the worst case - kill the Gnome session.
There are still remarkable lacks in Orca's basic performance, which
astonishes me, to put it friendly.
I use Ubuntu Gutsy and the very latest Orca, and I'm thinking seriously
about switching to a different distro - such as Lenny. But I hasitate
because of the amount of work.
Can anyone confirm my observations and/or has any ideas and hints?
Hermann

--
Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.
(John Berger, contemporary British writer)