Re: [orca-list] Thunderbird: message status symbols not read in message list

"David E. Price" <deprice cs utah edu> writes:

Hi,

As I move up or down through the message list in Thunderbird, the
status symbols are not read by Orca.  The exception to this is the
"new" symbol, which is read.  However, I have never heard a "read",
"replied", or forwarded" symbol indicated by orca.

Can anyone else confirm this behavior?

Yes, but I think we should discuss what we want to hear - we had the
same thing for Evolution a few weeks ago.
I would prefer to hear only labels that are important, and in my view
"read" isn't necessary. I want to know whether there are attachments and
set flags ("important etc.) Regarding labels like "replied" and
"forwarded", I'm not quite decided on that. Maybe we can think about a
verbosity option for this, provided we do not complicate things too
much.
Of course "unread" is needed.
And what about braille symbols for the flags? You hear the labels and
they get brailled where they appear in the row. Maybe a better solution
would be to present brief symbols at the beginning of the line, but that
requires a different structuring of the braille output, such as the
structure mode of Jaws.
Hermann

--
All peoples would live in peace, if they could give up only two things: God
and Country.