[orca-list] FF3 & Radio Buttons

Before I ask concerning problems with radio buttons, let me first say
how thrilled I am with the progress in Orca and Firefox 3. I'm running
stock Fedora development builds of
firefox-3.0-0.beta2.11.nightly20080115 and orca-2.21.5. I'm seeming very
significant performance improvement over orca-2.21.4 and an FF3 from
just a few days ago. Thanks, Will, Joanie, et al. Awesome stuff.

One problem does persist for me, though. I'm having a hard time with
radio buttons. Is it just me? Something in orca or gnome a11y? Or
something upstream in FF3?

Most recently, I've been unable even to tell which radio is checked on
some pages via the numpad review. And, I've been unable to focus on
yes/no buttons via keyboard or tab/shift-tab. I've had this problem
trying to book rooms on raddison.com, and just today trying to open a
checking account on schwabb.com. The Schwab situation, freshest in my
mind ...

*       Hard to tell whether I've selected to open an individual or a
*       joint account.

*       Impossible to tell whether I've indicated yes or no to the "U.S.
*       Citizen" question on the personal data form.

*       Pretty possible to check "Use my home address for mailings"
*       however.

*       On the succeeding step, I'm completely unable to check "No, I'm
*       not a Director of any publically traded company." Interestingly,
*       this is the only radio box where Orca actually announces it as a
*       radio box. On the others I never here those words from Orca,
*       just "yes," and "no" and "selected" or "not selected."

At the moment, I'd say this is my number one problem using FF3 with on
line forms. Text fields are working quite well, often evening announcing
the labels correctly! Combo boxes are also coming up quickly, usually
announcing their labels, and providing quick response as I down arrow.
But the radios are some kind of black hole.

Just my two cents American, worth less these days, but apparently
sufficient to open an account at Schwab--if only! <grin>

Janina

PS: Will now go see if Minimo on the Icon's FF1.5 works any better.

--

Janina Sajka,   Phone:  +1.202.595.7777;        sip:janina a11y org
Partner, Capital Accessibility LLC      http://CapitalAccessibility.Com

Chair, Open Accessibility       janina a11y org
Linux Foundation                http://a11y.org