Re: [orca-list] Getting At Off-Screen Data: A specific case

Janina Sajka wrote:
Is this a candidate for Collection?
I don't believe it is. Collection will allow us to find a set of objects much quicker than we can now based on a MatchRule. I really don't see how we can leverage that. I agree with Peter, the Firefox find might help you out in this case.
A second annoying issue here is the need to tab through the alphabet
whenever you select a different alphabetic char--to get the hymns whose
titles start with that letter. This also quickly becomes annoying. I
believe the remedy for this one is W3 Aria Landmarks, yes?
This could be done with ARIA landmarks but it is beyond it's specification. Right now we are only handling small group of pre-defined landmarks. See http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Accessible_DHTML#Landmark_Roles_from_XHTML_role_attribute_module
Janina