Re: [orca-list] firefox2 or firefox3

Hi:

As Scott implies, Firefox 2 has a number of accessibility issues and we strongly recommend you use Firefox 3. You might also be interested in http://live.gnome.org/Orca/Firefox.

Hope this helps,

Will

Scott Haeger wrote:
aerospace1028 hotmail com wrote:
Greetings all.
I installed Ubuntu 7.10 this morning. I grabbed the yelp patch (ayer.tar) posted to the list last month. I noticed by default it wants firefox 3, but Ubuntu installed firefox 2. I changed the appropriate line in the ayerrc file to point to the firefox on my machine. My question is, I'm having trouble getting orca to read well in the firefox 2 browser, does firefox 3work better with orca than firefox 2? Or is there more information about using orca with firefox 2 (I went to orca's page on gnome live, but it just said to use "firevox" and the link seemed to be dead or the target site was busy)? Thank you most kindly

Scott