Re: [orca-list] orca & pulse audio

OK, so the saga continues. I realized after recompile of speech-dispatcher that I may need to re-setup my default module in speechd.conf. I did this, and on reboot, speech-dispatcher does show up in preferences, and I am, of course with sighted assistance, able to select my synthesizer as normal. I still however have no speech. Is Pulseaudio not what it's cracked up to be? Should I just uninstall it? If any one has any further suggestions, definitely send them my way. Again, thanks in advance for all of your help.

Stumped in Toledo,

Guy

At 07:41 AM 1/6/2008, Tomas Cerha wrote:
Guy Schlosser napsal(a):
> I went into orca preferences, under the
> speech tab, and the only choice is gnome-speech.  Speech-dispatcher
> no longer shows up as a choice.  Help!!!!

Hello Guy, see http://live.gnome.org/Orca/SpeechDispatcher for
troubleshooting tips.

Best regards, Tomas