[orca-list] special characters

 Greetings all.

Is there a way to add or modify the special characters recognized by orca?  For example, Unicode characters 2013 and 2014 are typically designated "en dash" and "em dash" respectively; where I find "short dash" and "long dash" are easier to tell apart by listening.

Also characters 0410-044F (the cyrrilic alphabet) are not recognized as far as I can tell.  Orca doesn't output any response when passing over these characters.

In case it makes any difference, I am working in open office document writer.  And I am operating off an Ubuntu 7.10 "gutsy gibbon" live cd.

Thank you
-Paul

Make distant family not so distant with Windows Vista® + Windows Live™. Start now!