Re: [orca-list] A few questions about Orca

Hello John,
I cannot answer your second question, because I'm not familiar with
Pidgin.
To answer your first question, I must disapoint you: There's no virtual
buffer at all, so you must use the original layout. The goal of the Orca
developers is to make a website as accessible as possible without
changing its layout; so this is completely different to the Windows
world.
For the same reason there's no links list.
Considdering the sluggishness: This has been reported by many users who
use similar machines as you do. As I know, the reason for this couldn't
be found till now. Other users don't experience this, even when they use
less powerful computers.
For example: I use Orca on an Acer notebook with 2,6 Ghz but only 512 MB
RAM, and my screen resolution is still 1024x768, wihtout any problems.
Nautilus is however the exception: If you open a folder with a lot of
files/folders, it reacts sluggish. Till now there's no solution for
that.
Hermann

--
I use grml (http://grml.org/)