Re: [orca-list] can't start the orca preferences gui nor setup new preferences

Hi Dave:

I ask these questions because my laptop (currently running feisty) was upgraded from Edgy. During the upgrade, the OS crashed. I got one of the gurus in my office to repair the upgrade, but I've had a lot of troubles installing access-related software on this machine. I'm thinking that the OS wasn't fully upgraded in some way, resulting in the problems I'm seeing. (For instance, one of the thousand emails Will has in his inbox relates to problems I'm having installing AT-SPI trunk.)

Eeks! Debugging a failed install/upgrade might take more time than it would to just reinstall. There are a lot of dependencies that need to be in place -- if any one of them fails, the whole house can fall down. :-(

Will