[orca-list] pulse audio: no speech

Hey all, I'm hoping someone has taken this plunge before me and can give me some advice here. I've been reading up on pulse audio, and some of the cool things it can do, (i.e. volume for multiple channels (orca and music/virtualbox). I installed it on my Ubuntu laptop, and after reboot, no speech. I'm using Orca through Speech-dispatcher. Anyone have any suggestions on getting my system talking again?

Thanks in advance,

Guy
P.S. I just want to say also that I'm continually impressed by ff3 developments. Keep up the good work.