Re: [orca-list] can't start the orca preferences gui nor setup new preferences

Hi Ian:

I have a feeling it is going to be very hard to figure out what's causing this hang. Do you have an application running as any other user (e.g., root) that is displaying a window on your desktop?

Will

Ian Pascoe wrote:
Hi Will

Just to echo from my previous postings - I have the same problems.

Cannot launch either the GUI or Text based preferences, just hangs, but have
speech and magnifier working.

The workaround posted shortly after Gutsy was launched, Ubuntu being my
distro, of ensuring that focus was on the desktop somewhere, didn't work
either.

Tomas suggested it might be a conflict with Gnerpernicus (sorry for the
spelling!), but according to a sighted user, it's not running.

Just to re-iterate, this happened for me after the distro upgrade  to Gutsy.

Ian