Re: [orca-list] Building the latest Orca, together with at-spi, atk and gail

Hello,
Currently I am not behind an ubuntu machine but...

Willie Walker  wrote:
>> 1. I cannot build the dependencies of atk:
>> sudo apt-get build-dep atk
>
> I don't know about this one - I'm not sure what package Ubuntu puts atk
> in.  :-(

I have simply skipped this part if it was unable to get that package and everything seems to be runing well.

>> 2. I need clarification of the following line:
>> ./autogen.sh --prefix=`pkg-config --variable=prefix ORBit-2.0`
>> What does that ` mean? Trying to type this command results in the
>> message, that "prefix" needs an absolute path.
>
> This is a string substitution technique for the shell.  It means
> "execute everything between the two backquotes ( ` ) and put the
> resulting output from it here".
>
> I think the current way it is used on the WIKI is a bit of overkill, and
> you can most likely safely get by with --prefix=/usr.

Are you using something different than ubuntu 7.10? for me these examples copyed directly from the page to the gnome-terminal window are working fine.

Peter