Re: [orca-list] Building the latest Orca, together with at-spi, atk and gail

Hi,
I tried this on my Debian Lenny system and it went fine. I didn't find the atk package, so i skipped this as
well. Everything seem to be working fine except Firefox.
Christian

On 2008-02-29 at 21:06 Peter Vágner wrote:

Hello,
Currently I am not behind an ubuntu machine but...

Willie Walker  wrote:
1. I cannot build the dependencies of atk:
sudo apt-get build-dep atk

I don't know about this one - I'm not sure what package Ubuntu puts atk
in.  :-(

I have simply skipped this part if it was unable to get that package and
everything seems to be runing well.

2. I need clarification of the following line:
./autogen.sh --prefix=`pkg-config --variable=prefix ORBit-2.0`
What does that ` mean? Trying to type this command results in the
message, that "prefix" needs an absolute path.

This is a string substitution technique for the shell.  It means
"execute everything between the two backquotes ( ` ) and put the
resulting output from it here".

I think the current way it is used on the WIKI is a bit of overkill, and
you can most likely safely get by with --prefix=/usr.

Are you using something different than ubuntu 7.10? for me these
examples copyed directly from the page to the gnome-terminal window are
working fine.

Peter