Re: [orca-list] Building the latest Orca, together with at-spi, atk and gail

Am Freitag, den 29.02.2008, 14:59 -0500 schrieb Willie Walker:
1. I cannot build the dependencies of atk:
sudo apt-get build-dep atk

"I don't know about this one - I'm not sure what package Ubuntu puts atk
in.  :-("

OK, but what to do? Ignore it?

2. I need clarification of the following line:
./autogen.sh --prefix=`pkg-config --variable=prefix ORBit-2.0`
What does that ` mean? Trying to type this command results in the
message, that "prefix" needs an absolute path.

"This is a string substitution technique for the shell.  It means
"execute everything between the two backquotes ( ` ) and put the
resulting output from it here".

I think the current way it is used on the WIKI is a bit of overkill, and
you can most likely safely get by with --prefix=/usr.

BTW, what do you get when you run the command between the backquotes?"

In the meantime I figured out how to set the command. What confuses me
was to create that `. I thought it were a normal quote character, not
propper shown in my w3m browser. Now I figured out how to set it, and
everything went right.
But I didn't go further: No "make" and "make install".
Hermann