Re: [orca-list] ubuntu hardy a5 and speech-dispatcher

On 24 Feb, Guy Schlosser <guyster bex net> wrote:
in my espeak.log, I see the message "wrong version of
espeak-data..."  The message also says that it expects version
0x12801 and found 0x13100.

It means that you are using different versions of the eSpeak program
and the eSpeak data.

The data is version 1.31 and the program (actually the eSpeak shared
library) is version 1.28.   Probably something hasn't installed
correctly.

The eSpeak data is at:
  /usr/share/espeak-data

although if you have a copy of espeak-data at the top level of your
Home directory then it will use that instead.

The eSpeak shared library is at:
 /usr/lib/libespeak.so

which should link to:
 /usr/lib/libespeak.so.1.31

This is assuming that you're using the program "espeak" and not the
version called "speak".