Re: [orca-list] regression tests

Hey all.

Hey Jonie, what is the purpose of the Firefox regression tests? I see a lot
of comments about them in Orca's changelog and I'm curious about what they
really do.

The regression tests are a series of automated tests in the form of
recorded keystrokes and expected outputs (speech and braille).  For
instance there are tests for navigating pages by line, using flat
review, using structural navigation, etc., etc.  We run these tests
regularly to look for differences -- either that resulted from a change
in Orca or a change in the app in question (or perhaps somewhere else).
We also run these tests before checking in changes to Orca as a way to
help ensure that we haven't broken anything as a result of the change.

--Joanie