[orca-list] Question about Speech-dispatcher

Hi all,
I have successfully installed the latest version of Speech-dispatcher onto my Debian Lenny system.
I am using it with Orca and TTSynth and everything is working fine except that I get output messages in the
console wich i dont want each time TTSynth reads something. Also, how do I start Speech-dispatcher at system
start?
I installed it from source. Also, the config file is located int /usr/local/etc and it is working. I have
seen references to have it in /etc. Does that really matter?
Many thanks for any help,
Christian