Re: [orca-list] I think my installed Ubuntu and Orca is just plain unstable!

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008, Bob Tinney wrote:

Hi,
I now have speech with speech dispatcher and ESpeak, but none of the gnome
speech drivers work and I can't bring up the orca preferences and orca -t
doesn't work either.  I've lost access to my viavoice synth, but I can now
play music and use orca at the same time.

Maybe try gnome-speech with alsa.
Try orca --setup
Or backup then delete your .orca directory.
And then reconfigure everything.

And then follow instructions in the FAQ on how to get gnome-speech to use alsa.

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
d dalton iinet net au