Re: [orca-list] Speech-dispatcher 0.6.6 is a huge improvement!

ïIf you prefer to run speech-dispatcher as a system daemon,
edit /etc/default/speech-dspatcher and set the variable there to yes.
I thought disabling the system daemon of speech-dispatcher by default
would please some users more, as they can then run speech-dispatcher
as a user, once they've copied config files
to /hom/user/.speech-dispatcher/conf.

Thanks. I'll have to try moving the config files. For whatever reason,
the init script doesn't seem to work properly even after
editing /etc/default/speech-dispatcher. It just reports starting
speech-dispatcher and then silently fails. But if moving my config
files will allow me to run it as a user, it would probably be better
to stick it in my gnome session startup or something so that it runs
as me rather than as a system daemon. I guess the only question at
this point would be what to do about the pid file. It wants to stick
it in /var/run/... but I don't have write access to that directory and
probably shouldn't change that. And also do I need to move the
entire /etc/speech-dispatcher directory or just certain files?

Thanks,
Lorenzo
--
Make a change. Make a difference.