Re: [orca-list] orca virtual window suggestion

Dnia 01-02-2008, piÄ o godzinie 18:56 -0500, Joanmarie Diggs pisze:
[...]
As I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, the ability to copy
text from ordinarily uncopiable windows could actually be a very good
thing for non-orca users, especially those who wish to test unstable
software and report bugs.

Lorenzo, I agree with you 100%.  I've manually retyped the contents of
such dialogs for bug reports before, and I'll undoubtedly do it again.

So why limit this to Orca users? And why only in flat review mode?

My idea: create Python module implementing action similar to
'screenshot', but catching all accessible information from active window
into clipboard. This module would be used by Orca or (for non-orca
users) in simple application bound to some unused key combination.

Example:
zenity --error --text='this is error message' --title 'ugly dialog'

Application should store in clipboard something like:

Dialog: ugly dialog
Icon: dialog error
Label: this is error message
Push button: OK

Of course there must be some limitation (it's not a good idea to catch
all information from main Firefox window).

I am not very familiar with Python and pyatspi, but I think you can
write this program in some minutes ;)

What do you think?

Bohdan