Re: [orca-list] speech-dispatcher crashing
- From: Hynek Hanke <hanke brailcom org>
- To: Guy Schlosser <guyster bex net>
- Cc: orca-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [orca-list] speech-dispatcher crashing
- Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 14:06:28 +0200
Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this
problem with speech-dispatcher 0.6.7. For some reason I have
intermittent crashes of the espeak module. The reasons I blame it on
the s-d espeak module are:
1. When I have a crash, issuing a 'killall speech-dispatcher', then
re-executing s-d brings speech back.
2. In my speechd.log, I have several occurrences of "broken pipe to
module", and "module terminated abnormally."
What version of libasound are you using? There are known issues
with libasound 1.0.16 that cause such crashes of output modules.
] [Thread Prev