[orca-list] updating orca, only a question

I read carefully all papers written in the gnome live orca website and I can say that all is quite clear.
I have only a question, suppose I want to upgrade to orca 2.23.90 that is the last source today.
In the web site, it says that, if I want to use orca 2.23, I should have also gnome 2.23.
So, how can I upgrade my gnome version from the standard ubuntu 8.04.1 to the 2.23 gnome version for having
the same version of orca?
is it sufficient to update the AT-SPI Infrastructure (atk, gail, at-spi), or should I update also gnome?
thanks and sorry for these easy questions, but I want understand!

--
Simone Dal Maso.
Tutti i miei progetti:

homepage sviluppo comunita' NVDA: