Re: [orca-list] I need some info on the Solaris live cd.

Hi Mike:

I'm currently working on enabling the OpenSolaris live CD to include Orca and to permit an accessible install via Orca. We currently have some Sun-internal prototypes that have been shown to work -- Mike Pedersen can burn the CD, boot it, and install OpenSolaris without sighted assistance. It's a bit clunky at the moment, but it works. :-)

In the meantime, OpenSolaris includes GNOME and all of the accessibility infrastructure with it. It's currently missing a speech engine, however, making it kind of useless for speech users. :-(. A lot of the work I'm going through involves getting eSpeak in OpenSolaris, which just involves making sure we do things "right" according to the OpenSolaris development/release process. I hope to have an accessible install for OpenSolaris 2008.11.

Hope this helps,

Will