Re: [orca-list] Need help with gnome-speech.

Hi Will,
Thanks a bunch. That fixed it. Callie is now working with Orca with no problems. Now, I can actually get on to the things I really want to do such as installing plugins and codecs for mp3s, dvd movies, etc and turn this Linux bad boy machine into a fully featured multimedia station. Thanks for all your help. I guess everything is taken care of for now. I already know which packages I want and need to get via apt-get and once I do that I'll be listening to movies, podcasts, etc on my freshly setup Linux box instead of that other os that came with the computer we shall leave nameless. Grin.