To: <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 2:13 PM
Subject: [orca-list] does anyone think a basic guide for new users is a goodidea?

  I am sending this to both the ubuntu accessibility and orca list.

Hi, since I started using linux a few years ago I have received a great deal of help from this list. As a thanks I am willing to put together a basic guide for new users that will give them some basic information they can use to get started with orca and ubuntu. I use ubuntu as my main linux operating system so would describe it in this guide. However, I will also mention that there are several linux distributions that people can try. Anyway if you think a guide like this is a good idea, I am open to suggestions on what people would like to see included in it. If anyone has the current list of orca and gnome keyboard commands handy I am willing to include those lists at the end if you can send them to me.
  Mike.