Re: [orca-list] does anyone think a basic guide for new users is a good idea?

Hello Mike,

On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 04:13:43PM -0500, mike coulombe wrote:

   I am sending this to both the ubuntu accessibility and orca list.

   Hi, since I started using linux a few years ago I have received a great deal of help from this list. As
a thanks I am willing to put together a basic guide for new users that will give them some basic
information they can use to get started with orca and ubuntu. I use ubuntu as my main linux operating
system so would describe it in this guide. However, I will also mention that there are several linux
distributions that people can try.
   Anyway if you think a guide like this is a good idea, I am open to suggestions on what people would like
to see included in it.

I think it's a very good thought. It would be a good idea to include the
main differences between the major distribution groups - Redhat and
Debian. It would also be a good idea to mention that Linux offers
non-gui solutions which, at the moment, offer alternative which are more
easily accessible.

Bertil