Re: [orca-list] does anyone think a basic guide for new users is a good idea?

Hi Mike:

I think this is a great idea. If there's stuff that applies to GNOME in general and is not specific to Ubuntu, we should also make sure it gets into the GNOME Accessibility Guide. Vincent Alexander is working on it now and his latest draft is here:

http://www.snoringbeagle.net/gag.html

Will

mike coulombe wrote:
   I am sending this to both the ubuntu accessibility and orca list.

   Hi, since I started using linux a few years ago I have received a great deal of help from this list. As a
thanks I am willing to put together a basic guide for new users that will give them some basic information
they can use to get started with orca and ubuntu. I use ubuntu as my main linux operating system so would
describe it in this guide. However, I will also mention that there are several linux distributions that
people can try.
Anyway if you think a guide like this is a good idea, I am open to suggestions on what people would like to see included in it. If anyone has the current list of orca and gnome keyboard commands handy I am willing to include those lists at the end if you can send them to me.
   Mike.