[orca-list] Various Questions about Orca and web browsers

Hi everyone,

Recently, I wrote that Orca 2-22.3 does not work with Firefox 3.0 on FreeBSD 7.0 using Gnome 2.22, the same version that is used on the latest version of Ubuntu.

I have not been able to come closer as to why this is the case.

Here are some questions:

1) Firefox 3.0 on Ubuntu 8.04 does not seem to have accessibility support enabled. The plug-in located at

gave me that information. How does Orca communicate with Firefox 3.0?

2) The gnome web browser Epiphany works somewhat with Orca. The support is not great, but one is at least able to browse most of the web pages. Why is this web browser not supported? Can anything be done to support this web browser?

Firefox 3.0 is the only application I cannot get to work on FreeBSD. All other applications (Open Office and so on) work flawlessly on FreeBSD. Whenever Firefox 3 is opened on FreeBSD, Orca says "Mozilla Firefox Inaccessible."

I really hope that someone has some answers to the above questions.

Regards,

Peter.