Re: [orca-list] problems running orca

On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 20:21 -0300, Josà Vilmar EstÃcio de Souza wrote:
Hi, is there some log file that I can inspect?

You can enable debugging with Orca: http://live.gnome.org/Orca/Debugging

This will produce a huge file, but we could take a look at it to see if
anything looks suspicious.

Before I restart orca is there some chekck that I can do  to help
identify the problem?
I can ask for sighted  asistance from my wife.

Doing the debugging thing above will help.  If you can run the orca
command from the command line and look for errors that might be output
there, it would be useful.

You can do all the above prior to trying out Intrepid as well.  :-)

About installing intrepid I found alpha 3 to download.
Is this version the correct version to try?

Ha - the latest stuff from http://cdimages.ubuntu.com/daily-live/ would
be the stuff to try.  Remember, however, my caution about bleeding.
Install this with a sense of humor and the expectation that your machine
might need reinstalling.

Please, forgive my poor english end my dumb questions.

No problem!  Let's get you going.

Will