Re: [orca-list] problems running orca

Hi,

In general the problem happens when I'm running gnome-terminal. However I alsso found the same problem when running evolution.

About update to Ubuntu Intrepid release I can do but I need some help.
How can I update? Do I need to grab another cd or I can update using some command in Ubuntu?

Thanks.

Willie Walker wrote:
Hi:

Orca is under constant and fast development. If you can update to the
latest Ubuntu Intrepid release, you might have better success. However,
if you're able to come up with a set of steps we can follow to reproduce
the problem reliably, it would really help. For example, are you running
any system administration applications at the time speech stops?

Will

José Vilmar Estácio de Souza wrote:
Hi all,

Last weekend I finished the configuration of my desktop. I installed
Ubuntu 8.4 in a dual boot machine. I've one partition with windows and
another partition with Ubuntu. I had difficulties to configure my
wireless card, a D-Link DWA-110.

The problem that I'm facing now is that sometimes orca looses speech
forcing me to restart orca. I don't know how to reproduce on demand.
Any idea on how to solve this problem?
BTW: The orca's version was 2.22.1. I tried to install from subversion
but the problem was not solved.
Now, when I run orca with the switch --version in a terminal section,
I receive an information that the version is 2.23.pre6.

Thanks.