[orca-list] I'm a newby: need help in installing Orca

Hi,
my name is Maurizio. I'm writing from Italy. I'm a totally newby of linux, ubuntu and orca but I'm keen to try it. I download Ubuntu 7.10, burnt it on a cd and launched it by changing my boot order. Then I pressed f5 for the accessibility menu, 3 for screenreader (and I got it checked by a sighted person that the selection was right) and finaly twice enter. I waited a lot of time, heard the gingle but then Orca simply didn't speak. I'm sure many of you encountered the same problem and so I know there must be a way to cope with it. Can anybody help?
Thanks in advance!

Mauri