[orca-list] AT-SPI registry not found dialogue

On my laptop I sometimes encounter the AT-SPI registry not started dialogue
after invoking startx from the shell. So far as I can tell, there seems to be
no means of closing this dialogue, and proceeding with the loading of the
Gnome desktop, from the keyboard.

If someone else comes and closes the dialogue with a pointing device, Orca
(and the AT-SPI registry) start normally.

This is a timing issue. From what I discovered via a Web search, gnome-session
waits for 5 seconds before concluding that the registry hasn't started, then
presents this dialogue. On my laptop, possibly due to the slowness of the hard
drive, this timeout, I suspect, sometimes expires.

My work-around:

1. Type ctrl-alt-backspace to terminate the X server.

2. Run killall orca from the shell to remove any Orca instances left behind.

3. Invoke startx again from the shell, which is more likely to succeed the
second time around.

Is there a better solution to this?

If indeed there is no keyboard access to that dialogue, it's a Gnome bug.