Re: [orca-list] watchdog problem in SVN not totally fixed.

Darn. OK. The problem is that the main loop is being flooded with AT-SPI events, and this same main loop is what is being used to handle the DBus events. With the old "use an HTTP server to do it, even though that was a really bad idea", a separate thread was used. I'll take a look and see what I can do. Maybe the DBus events can be handled on a separate thread,

In the meantime, if you change the "5000" timeout that's in the orca bash script to "30000", does the problem still occur?

Will

Kenny Hitt wrote:
Hi.  If i do something that causes orca to speak lots of text, the watchdog process will
still kill orca before the text is finished.
I noticed this running ./configure for speech-dispatcher.
I was just letting the output go the the screen in gnome-terminal and listening.  Speech stopps
just as configure finds grep.  The loss of speech is consistant.  It will happen at the same spot every time.
When I edit the orca bash script and disable the watchdog, Orca reads the entire output from configure with
no problem.
This is happening running orca from trunk rev 3823.
Speech output is the espeak gnome-speech driver from svn rev 309.

If I need to provide more info, let me know.
          Kenny