Re: [orca-list] Punctuation, capital letters, exchange of characters and strings, generally error in the design of Orca

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 11:38:51AM +0200, Halim Sahin wrote:
In fact you mean such a accessibilitty infrastructure is not
performance critical??????

With modern processors, yes. My high-end desktop machine will be typical of
what people have in a few years time, as quad-core CPUs become the norm.
Orca and Gnome hardly increase the load average on my machine (two dual-core
Intel Xeon CPUs, 4gb RAM, two SAS drives).

Even on my single-core laptop with 1gb of RAM, it's still fast; and as I
pointed out earlier, at some point it will be possible to compile it to
machine code anyway.
What about orca's performance in general?
There were some performance improvements last months but comparing orca
to ohther screenreaders showws the problem.

It depends on whether the problem is actually in Orca or elsewhere, and what
the performance issue turns out to be. Have you submitted a bug report?