Re: [orca-list] Can we drop FireVox support in Orca?

Thanks Michael!  Good enough - we'll keep it.

At a minimum, however, would you be OK with us disabling the support by default and then requiring you to edit your user-settings.py or orca-customizations.py files to re-enable it? We could alternatively add an enable/disable checkbox to the GUI preferences dialog, but I'd like to avoid exposing it at that level if we can.

Will

Michael Whapples wrote:
Hello,
I will state one use of firevox which I am unaware of orca providing,
but should orca and firefox provide a solution (which in my mind might
be more preferrable as the mechanisms which would be used might be able
to be used by other software, and braille support might be possible)
then firevox support would not be needed. The case I am on about is
mathml. Admittedly the firevox support has limitations, it doesn't know
all the characters and other more complicated maths stuff, but I feel
some access is better than none. I will also admit that currently I am
not actively using firevox for this at the moment, but there may be
times in the future and in the past where I may/have benefitted from
access to mathml documents.

I know there may be more important features orca needs and there may be
very good reasons for dropping this support, so I hope you will use the
above while making the decission, so as to improve orca in the best way
with the resources available.

Michael Whapples