Re: [orca-list] Can we drop FireVox support in Orca?

On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 10:55:06PM +0100, Michael Whapples wrote:
I will state one use of firevox which I am unaware of orca providing,
but should orca and firefox provide a solution (which in my mind might
be more preferrable as the mechanisms which would be used might be able
to be used by other software, and braille support might be possible)
then firevox support would not be needed. The case I am on about is
mathml.

This is on the agenda for Firefox development following the release of Firefox
3, as discussed on the Mozilla accessibility mailing list. I am sure Orca
developers will support it when the necessary accessibility-related features
are integrated into Firefox.

Also, it would be useful for FireVox to support Speech Dispatcher, as it could
then be used together with Orca, without competing for control of the audio
output.

FireVox doesn't support braille at all yet.