Re: [orca-list] D-Bus and orca, orca and QT4 applications

"HS" == Halim Sahin <halim sahin t-online de> writes:

    HS> Hi,
    >>
    WW> Hi Jan: From
    WW> http://live.gnome.org/Orca/FrequentlyAskedQuestions:
    >>
    WW> Does Orca work with KDE?
    >>
    WW> No. KDE currently does not support the AT-SPI. There's some work
    WW> being done to make the AT-SPI more amenable to the KDE folks.
    >> OK, but this answer is not correct. QT4 support AT-SPI through
    >> D-Bus not through CORBA. So the problem is not in QT4 but in
    >> AT-SPI.

    HS> Your answer is not right too.
No. The history of QT4 and AT-SPI is longer then you probably know. The
transition of AT-SPI to D-Bus was discused on FSG Honolulu meeting in
January 2005 already. There were alll the key accessibility developers
from SUN, Troltech, Brailcom, IBM etc... In July 2005 I was on AKADEMY
in Malaga and in this time work on QT4 was already being done.

    HS> Jan, who has developed at-spi? Yes right it was the
    HS> gnome-accessibility developers. They are working on it sence ?5?
    HS> Years. troltech now has implemented some stuff to qt and why
    HS> should the people working on gnome-accessibility change working
    HS> software to support troltech's QT4?
It is not about gnome or QT but about corba or D-Bus.
    >> There remains the question why does AT-SPI not support D-Bus and
    >> when will it change.

    HS> The question is is corba now obsolete in gnome? Then it makes
    HS> sense to implement at-spi over d-busit not to qt apps orca?
Orca can works with QT4 through AT-SPI only. So if orca should make QT4
applications accessible then it is necessary to first make AT-SPI
support D-Bus.

But first of all what matters is Free Accessibility not Gnome or KDE.

Have a nice day

--

Jan Buchal
Tel: (00420) 24 24 86 008