Re: [orca-list] D-Bus and orca, orca and QT4 applications

On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 10:32:03AM +0200, Jan Buchal wrote:
Orca can works with QT4 through AT-SPI only. So if orca should make QT4
applications accessible then it is necessary to first make AT-SPI
support D-Bus.

Or make QT support Corba as the inter-process communication mechanism.

The most recent discussion of this subject that I read occurred late last year
on the Gnome accessibility list. Efficiency concerns were raised about d-bus,
and my impression was that no decision had been taken, at least at that point,
to use it as an inter-process communication mechanism for AT-SPI.