Re: [orca-list] punctuation pronunciation and pauses

Hermann wrote:
Indeed, I use SD and have applied this patch to my Orca source directory.
Hello Hermann,

the patch is correct, you should not revert it. Such things must
be handled by the synthesizer. There is no way how Orca could
correctly pronounce a character that is in the middle of a sentence
with its own subsitutions. And it would be a great mess and
inconvenience to have the same thing handled in some cases by
Orca and in other cases by the synthesizer in the same session
on the same synthesizer.
But changing this in Espeak is very complicated.
Then this is the real problem you are facing.

Is it really that complicated? It's a simple thing,
in principle, so it can be made very simple. In Festival,
it is easy. I believe it can be made easy in eSpeak
as well.

With regards,
Hynek Hanke