Re: [orca-list] Getting Orca Past the Configuration

If you get into the Orca Preferences dialog, on the General pane you will find a checkbox called "Show Orca main window". Uncheck it and that window won't appear when you start Orca. To get into the Preferences dialog in the future (i.e. now that your main window is gone) you can always press Orca_Modifier+Space.

Hope this helps!
--Joanie

Josh de Lioncourt wrote:

The dialog for Preference and Quit always sits on your desktop, so far as I know. The first time I ran Orca it displayed the whole of the Preference dialog to start with, and then on subsequent runs it only displayed the Preference/Quit dialog. It seems to be rather like the Jaws or Window-Eyes windows before we could send them away into the system tray.

Josh de Lioncourt
overlord lioncourt com <mailto:overlord lioncourt com>

...my other mail provider is an owl...