[orca-list] Getting Orca Past the Configuration

Hi:

After logging on in full screen mode, I press alt+f2 and enter orca as instructed. I then get in sppeech and braille a dialog inviting me to enter Preferences or Quit. After choosing Preferences, I fill out various things and it all looks just great. Speech and braille are nicely laid out. I press Ok then tab to and press Quit.

The problem is that every time I enter the Orca command, I get the preferences/quit dialog. The instructions seem to indicate that after the first time, I should just get into Gnome/Orca with no preferences. Is a file not being saved somewhere for Orca to see or what else might be a problem?

THanks.

CHris

Christopher Gray, President
Bay Area Digital

Promoting good health with great technology

Bay Area Digital
870 Market Street, #653
San francisco, CA 94102
Phone:  (415) 217-6667