Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu Accessibility, only as good as your testing and feedback.

Luke Yelavich wrote:

Hello all
I have seen much talk about the state of accessibility for Ubuntu 7.10 Feisty, and how some people have had no problems, yet thers are also those who are disappointed in the way things are for this release. I would like to make it clear, that the quality of accessibility is only as good as your testing, and feedback. By feedback, I do not mean posts to a mailing list, hoping that your questions will be ansered, and your feedback heard. The *BEST* way of giving feedback, is filing bugs against packages in Ubuntu. Once a bug is filed with specific information on what the problem is, and how it can be reproduced, action can then be taken to track down where the problem is, and get it fixed.

Please note also, that I am currently the only one working to improve screen reader accessibility in Ubuntu, and I do it in my own time. If I was to receive funding to spend extra time working on Ubuntu accessibility, things would likely be a different story, but this is currently not to be, so I do what I can, when I can.

Thanks Luke!
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391