Re: [orca-list] the inevitable newby questions

Hi,
Your machine is on the low end for running gnome/orca, so you might
find the X-windows IE graphical mode unresponcive.  You might be able to
renice the speech-server to help with the stutter.
Give the command:
man renice
at a terminal to find out more.
Espeak is IMHO the most responsive synthesizer.
You can get that ibm viavoice/eloquence voice if you buy it, but one
really do get used to using espeak, so, stick it out for a few weeks and
decide then.
HTH, Willem