Re: [orca-list] Performance in Firefox with latest trunk

Hi Rudolf:

We're busy migrating Orca over to the pyatspi bindings:

 http://mail.gnome.org/archives/orca-list/2007-October/msg00133.html

As we do the work, things will be unstable for a little while. If you would like to continue to enjoy Orca in a stable fashion, please use the 2.20 branch for now:

http://svn.gnome.org/svn/orca/branches/gnome-2-20

Hope this helps,

Will

Rudolf Weeber wrote:
Hi,

I just have tried out the latest orca trunk with FF3.
I noticed, that there are currently performance issues: A cursor motion
(both up/down and left/right) now takes about 0.5 seconds on my systtem
(A laptop with a core2), eventhough I niced orca to -10. This makes
fluid reading of a webpage very difficult.
While the bug I filed earlier talked about pages with large forms, the
problem seems to be more general now.

Is this an orca problem or something distribution specific (I'm Running
Gutsy).
I tried profiling orca with cProfile but could not make much sense of the
results.

Cheers,
Rudolf