Re: [orca-list] eSpeak, Speech-dispatcher, Orca and voice variations in Gutsy

Male and feemale voices seem not to be implemented in Espeak, I cannot
find them in the espeak.conf, however in espeak-generic.conf; but I
couldn't change them too.
The only feemale voices I found in Espeak stand-allone were
mbrola-voices, but one has to install mbrola and the language databases
in order to use it.
I also cannot set sound icons for Orca, but the raising of pitch works.
Note: You have to choose rather high pitches to hear a difference,
unlike you have to do in Gnome-Speech.
The only program I can use sound icons is emacs together with
speechd-el. Why it works there, I don't know.
Hermann

--
I use grml (http://grml.org/)