Re: [orca-list] eSpeak, Speech-dispatcher, Orca and voice variations in Gutsy

It does seem possible to change the eSpeak voice in Orca preferences.
The only problem is that I still can only select default male voices.
The other male variations and the female variations seem to be
unavailable, as they are when using the gnome-speech driver.

Also, it has come to my attention that it is impossible to cause eSpeak
to click on capitals as with the espeak -k1 option using both the
speech-dispatcher and gnome-speech backends with Orca. It also seems
impossible to set this option anywhere in speech-dispatcher. I
personally prefer this behaviour very much over a pitch increase, but
other than in eSpeak itself, it seems to be unimplemented.

Live long and prosper,
Lorenzo